The Australian Government recommends, subject to approval by the Governor-General, the introduction of reforms to the temporary activity visa framework on 19 November 2016.
From 19 November 2016, the following visas would be closed to new applications:
- Subclass 401 Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa
- Subclass 402 Training and Research visa
- Subclass 416 Special Program visa
- Subclass 420 Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa
- Subclass 488 Superyacht Crew visa.
Applications lodged before 19 November 2016 would be processed under pre-19 November 2016 legislation. These visas would be incorporated within the proposed new temporary activity visa framework.
There would be four new visa subclasses introduced from 19 November 2016:
- Subclass 400 Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa
- Subclass 403 Temporary Work (International Relations) visa
- Subclass 407 Training visa
- Subclass 408 Temporary Activity visa.
For more information see: Temporary activity visa framework changes
Page Last Updated: 30 January 2017