Australian Embassy

Change of Address and/or Passport Details and Change of Personal Data

Back to Visas, Immigration and Citizenship


Your visa is linked to the passport number used in the visa application.  You must use the same passport to travel to Australia. If you need to update your information, there are two ways you can update your details.

Online via ImmiAccount

If your application was processed online or you have imported your paper application to immiAccount, you will be able to:

  • Update the passport information if you have obtained a new one after lodging your application (excluding lost or stolen passports).  You will not be able to change biodata details, eg. name, date of birth, citizenship;
  • Update your address; or
  • Update your email address.

Please follow the steps below to update your details:

  • Login into your ImmiAccount with your user name and password.
  • Select your visa application by clicking on your Transaction Reference Number (TRN).
  • On the right side of the screen, you will find a list of “related links”. Please select the option appropriate for your situation (“change of address details”, “change of passport details” or “change of email address”).
  • Once you have selected the proper option, provide the information requested on the form.

When you have completed the changes, you will receive a message informing you that your data has been successfully updated on our systems.

Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details

If you cannot make the changes on ImmiAccount, you should complete Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details, attach the following information and send a request to

  • Copy of your new passport biodata (photo) page (any change in your name must be supported by documentary evidence eg. marriage certificate, divorce certificate, deed poll etc);
  • Copy of your old passport biodata (photo) page if available;
  • If your citizenship has changed, evidence of this change (eg. a copy of the letter from the relevant authority advising you of your new citizenship);
  • If your old passport was lost or stolen provide a police report;
  • A copy of your travel itinerary to Australia.

Please note that attachments cannot exceed five megabytes (5mb).

Back to Visas, Immigration and Citizenship

Page Updated Last: 5 February 2018