Processing times are impacted by seasonal peaks. During the holiday season you can expect longer processing times as a result of the volume of applications received.
If you will be applying for a visitor visa (subclass 600) and are travelling during the Christmas and New Year holiday period we encourage you to submit your application by 15 November 2017. It is important that all relevant supporting documents are attached to your application at the time of lodgement.
Welcome to the website of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) in Brasilia. For information on topics not featured on this site, please visit the main DIBP website. See: www.border.gov.au.
Immigration and Citizenship Information
- Information to consider when applying for a visa
- Health Requirements and Medical Examinations
- Character Requirements and Penal Clearance
- Change of Address and/or Passport
- Appointing a Migration Agent or Authorised Recipient
- Change in circumstances
- Americas Service Centre
- DIBP offices in Australia
- DIBP offices outside Australia
- Australian Immigration Panel Physicians
- Visa Finder
- Client Service Charter and Feedback
Page Last Updated: 15 May 2017