Australian Embassy

Change in Circumstances

Back to Visas, Immigration and Citizenship


You must inform the department if:

  • you wish to add or to change the person authorised to act on your behalf in connection with your visa application
  • the composition of your family changes as a result of birth, death or change in relationship status married, divorced, entered a de facto relationship, separated
  • you or your family members intend to travel to or from Australia while your visa application is being processed
  • the circumstances of the applicant's sponsor or assurer change
  • your relationship with your partner ends.

 See: Form 1022 Notification of Changes in Circumstances (152KB PDF)


Back to Visas, Immigration and Citizenship

Page Last Updated: 5 February 2018