AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY, BRASILIA
Locally Engaged Level 5 – Senior Policy Manager (Education and Research)
- Ongoing or Fixed-term; Full-time
- BRL 10,003 – 10,827 per month (pre-tax and other benefits)
- Brasilia, Brazil
About the Australian Government’s Department of Education
The Department of Education (the Department) contributes to Australia’s economic prosperity and social wellbeing by creating opportunities and driving better outcomes through access to quality education and learning.
The Education Office in the Australian Embassy, Brasilia, manages the Australian Government's education, science and research relationships across Argentina and Brazil. The Education Office works to promote greater connections between Australian, Argentinian and Brazilian policy institutions, educational institutions, researchers and students.
Further information about the Department can be found on our website: www.education.gov.au
About the Position
This is a locally engaged staff position at an overseas Australian Diplomatic Mission.
The Senior Policy Manager (Education and Research) will report to and assist the Counsellor (Education and Research) to develop and support the implementation of the Australian Government’s education, science and research priorities in Argentina and Brazil. The position may also support junior team member/s and work collaboratively with the Department’s other offices in Latin America and in Australia.
The key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- being knowledgeable in and continuously monitoring policy developments across Brazil and Argentina in education, science and research
- developing and maintaining a network of contacts in Australia and across Brazil and Argentina to support implementation of the Australian Government's education, science and research priorities and key objectives
- developing and implementing strategies to raise awareness of Australian education, science and research capabilities, including through the production of Brazilian-Portuguese and, if relevant, Spanish language materials and web-page content
- developing education, science and research briefings, minutes and papers
- coordinating meetings, organising events, participating in and organising technical working groups, workshops, seminars and other events as required
- preparing and delivering presentations on Australian education, science and research programs and initiatives
- assisting the Counsellor in assigning tasks, managing and reviewing the completion of duties conducted by other staff members related to their duties
- managing the daily operations of the Education Office, including budget planning and management while adhering to Australian Government financial guidelines
- providing support to other sections at the Embassy as directed by the Counsellor.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the education and research landscape across Argentina and Brazil, and an ability to independently undertake research and analytical tasks. They will have experience leading policies or projects related to education or research. Our ideal candidate will be able to develop a network of contacts across Australia, Argentina and Brazil. They will have highly developed written and oral communications skills and have experience in engaging with stakeholders and delivering presentations. Tertiary qualifications, and experience working or studying in Australia, or another English-speaking country, is highly desirable.
This position requires written and oral communication skills in English and Portuguese, and preferably Spanish, including confidence in public speaking in these languages.
How to apply
To be considered for this position please submit via email to [email protected] a resume with a covering letter detailing relevant experience (both in English). The covering letter should be no more than one-page.
Closing date for applications: 10 January 2023, 11:30 PM
Start date is subject to satisfactory pre-employment (medical and security) checks being completed. Only individuals with full work rights in Brazil are eligible to apply for this position.
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT REGISTER - BRASÍLIA
· Temporary, Full Time or Part Time
· Salary will depend on the job requirement
· Brasília, Brazil
About the position(s)
Temporary vacancies are usually filled on a short-term contract basis from those listed on the Embassy's temporary staff register. Most vacancies are full-time but less than 3 months in length. Types of temporary vacancies include executive/administrative assistant, property/procurement assistant, or analyst roles in policy or economics.
Please note that applications are kept on file for 12 months. Your application will be considered when temporary vacancies arise and decisions are based on suitability and availability. Start dates for all temporary vacancies are subject to satisfactory background checks being completed for all individuals. Only those applicants with valid authorisation to work in the Brazil will be considered for the Temporary Registry.
Applying for Temporary Employment
Applicants for temporary employment must be Brazilian citizens, or have rights to work in Brazil.
How to apply
To be considered for full-time or part-time temporary work at the Embassy, applicants are required to submit via email to [email protected] a resume (in English) with a covering letter expressing interest in one or more of the roles.